QuickBooks is a leading accounting software meant primarily for small and medium businesses to help them manage their finances and accounts and make their bookkeeping process much easier.
It provides a variety of integrated tools that help the organization in preparing invoices, bills, etc .; Management of payroll system along with many other features. However, there are some bugs and errors that arise in the process and disturb the workflow. Users should be wary of these errors, or it could potentially cause data loss. One such error is QuickBooks error message which states that QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be closed without any further explanation. 4120. This error is then shown.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 4120
- There may be a myriad of reasons, some of which are listed as: The reason for this error may be:
- An antivirus or security-software is falsely marked as any QuickBooks executable file or other components as unsafe.
- When a software change related to QuickBooks occurs, it may cause windows registry to be corrupted.
- When any other program deletes files related to QuickBooks by mistake or otherwise, an error may occur
- Defective or corrupt downloading or incomplete installation of QuickBooks can also lead to this error.
- Viruses or malware on Windows system related files harming your system may also pose a threat to related QuickBooks files.
Effects of QuickBooks Error 4120
Computers can run in a slack manner and slow response to mouse and keyboard input consoles. It may also have crashed frequently by displays of “Error 4120 in QuickBooks”. Also, computers can sometimes freeze or hang at random for a few seconds.
How to solve QuickBooks Error 4120?
The following solutions can be implemented to fix runtime errors:
Solution 1: Check if any system errors
- Update antivirus and anti-malware programs on your system.
- Once the program has been activated, a full scan of the system.
- Fix bugs and eliminate viruses and malware, if any.
- In case, there is a virus and the problem persists, other solutions apply.
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Download and install the QuickBooks file Doctor application equipment.
- QuickBooks will run File Doctor and eliminate diagnostics and errors.
Solution 3: Copy company related files to another system
- Copy all the company related files to another system and see if they are opening in this system or not.
- If the file opens in this system, it would be advisable to repair Windows on the system on which QuickBooks was initially installed.
- In case the files are also opened in the new system, they are damaged. To repair damaged files, use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool as mentioned in Solution 2.
Solution 4: Repair / Restore QuickBooks
- To uninstall QuickBooks, go to Control Panel and select Uninstall.
- Select QuickBooks and try to put an option to repair it.
- If the error still persists, uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks.
Some other solutions
- Clean junk and garbage files out of your system.
- Repair registry entries related to the error.
- Use Windows System Restore so that you can undo recent changes to the system.