In this business era, QuickBooks continues to become popular among all. Since, it is the primary and leading accounting software for the business.
This is the main and familiar software which makes available many financial tools to the business people all around the world. It is the top and effective software which is purposely designed to supervise inventory, payroll, and other important requirements of the business.
What is QuickBooks error code 6140?
Mostly QuickBooks users experience a common issue called QuickBooks error code 6140. This error code represents Duplicate Document Number Error. When this fault arises you have to mention a different number because the number has already been a user when invoicing MSP service to QuickBooks.
Why need QuickBooks?
QuickBooks is the powerful software for the small and medium association. It is used to computerize the business accounting and by using, it is easier to make out the daily office tasks. This software supports the different operating system such as the window, Mac OS, and others. This makes it possible to go through entire outgoing and incoming records for the financial deal as well as other business doings. There are mentioned below many reasons to make use of QB:
- It is perfect business accounting software for any kind of business.
- Businesses can save more time on accounting since it handle all these automatically which make it easier to run the company.
- Anyone can easily put together the reports when required.
- QuickBooks is inexpensive hence it can save your money.
- You can utilize time and find out errors by sharing information.
- You can also share data with familiar programs like Word, Microsoft and so on.
- You can make out payments of your bills online by just putting up your current bank account in QB.
When this fault 6140 occur?
As already discussed, this error is Duplicate Document Number Error. This mainly happen in two conditions such as Clio Web App and QuickBooks Web App. When a record invoice, credit memo, sales receipt previously be there in QB with the same number. This issue only arises if you have the Custom Transaction Number set on in QB. This will allow you to manually edit transactions number.
How to resolve QuickBooks error code 6140
If you get the publishing error called “Duplicate Document Number Error: You need to specify a different number. This number has already been used”. This seems that the invoice number already exists in your QB account. If you are observing this error, you can fix it easily by steps given below:
- Firstly, open your QBO and go to Settings.
- After that>> Account and Setting >> Sales
- Check out if the custom transaction number is turned on or off.
- Go Back >> Settings and select Advanced
- Check then, if the duplicate check is used is also turned off
- Then tap on Sync errors. This will take a list of errors and Clear it
If the above step does not work, then change the invoice number. And then,go through the steps mentioned above.
To transform the invoice number, do the below steps:
- Open invoice
- If any payments there, select delete in top site
- Then select edit
- Update the invoice number
- And finally, select save the invoice.