This article will give you the knowledge of the error code 6150 you mostly familiar with while using the Quick Books Software for business account. This article will be useful for resolving the problem due to this error.
What is QuickBooks Error code 6150?
This error takes place when the company files are not capable to open it. You are not able to open the file as it is damaged or corrupted.
Causes of the fault:
There are some causes which leads to QB error code 6140:
- The QuickBooks software is not fully installed on the system
- The windows registry is not fine.
- It may be the malware or the virus there on the system.
- A quantity of main files removed mistakenly.
- The QB file extensions are changed.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks error code 6150
We will notice the different solutions to overcome the troubles that are declared above. There are three methods to resolve this error.
Method 1: Execute restore from backup
In this method, we will solve this error by restoring the files from the backup documents. The following steps involved in this method are:
- Open the QuickBooks Software.
- Now click on the “file” menu and you have to restore the company file which is affected.
- For restoration, select “restore a backup copy” option and click on the “next” button to further proceedings.
- In the page that appears to choose the local backup copy and then click next.
- In the drop-down menu select the location where the company’s backup file appears.
- It must be noted that backup files should be formed with the extension .qbb.
- Go to the open menu to save the company’s file location in the drop-down menu.
- Put the new filename and check whether the file is saved in the auto restore file with the extension .qbw.
Method 2: Make a new QuickBooks File
In this method, we will see how to create a new file for QuickBooks to solve the error. The following steps are as follows.
- First, you have to open the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Make a new company name on the no company open window.
- Now you have to go to the QB setup windows.
- In this window, put the information related to your company file.
- After providing all the information, click on the “create company” option to create a new company for the QuickBooks.
Method 3: Carry out a full malware scan for your device
In this method, we perform scan for your system or device fully, since if your device is affected by the malware, then you are unable to run the QuickBooks software well. This also affects the accounting activities of your company. The steps are as follows:
- To scan your device efficiently, you need to install the anti-virus software for your system. This help out to detect, in case there is any kind of malware, virus, or threat there on your system.
- If risk is there, then eliminate it or delete it directly from your computer for avoiding further damage.
- Now, open the company file through the QuickBooks software which you have installed in your system.