QuickBooks error code 15311 appears while downloading payroll updates or downloading QuickBooks. In addition, this error crashes active windows and the computer periodically accumulates.
QuickBooks Error 15311 with the following message: “QuickBooks Update can not connect to can not be successfully completed” and “QuickBooks Payroll.”
This blog will help you easily analyze the reasons behind the error with various methods for resolution QuickBooks error 15311.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15311
Due to QuickBooks update error 15311 for –
- Unfinished installation QuickBooks.
- Viruses and QuickBooks attack with malware.
- QuickBooks files may be deleted or damaged.
- Entries related to the Windows Registry QuickBooks may be corrupted.
- Corrupted files from downloaded QuickBooks documents.
- Interruptions while downloading new information.
Solution to fix quickbooks error 15311
Solution 1: Installing a digital signature certificate
- Do a search for windows QBW32.exe; It is located in the following route: C: \ Program File \ Intuit \ QuickBooks.
- Right click on QBW32.exe.
- Select the property.
- Click on the Digital Signature tab and verify that Intuit, Inc. Selection is selected in the list.
- Now, click on the details.
- In the detail window, select the view certificate.
- Click Install Certificate in the Certificate window.
- Click Next until the Finish button is displayed.
- Then click Finish to end.
- Now, restart the computer system.
- Open QuickBooks and download the update again.
Solution 2: Check Internet Connection and QuickBooks Settings
Verify Internet Explorer settings.
- Make Default Settings Explorer Internet.
- Confirm computer system date and time:
- Double click on the time display.
- In the Date and Time window, confirm the current date and time.
- After that, make necessary changes if necessary.
- Check cipher
If cipher strength is less than 128 bites then Internet Explorer is damaged.
- Press Alt and it will appear in the menu bar.
- Go to Files, then click on Properties.
- Under Connection, cutting is looking for the number before encryption.
- update setting.
- Go to Tools and then Internet Options.
- Meanwhile, in the General tab, click Delete. Select temporary Internet files, then Delete.
- Select LAN Settings on the Connection tab.
- SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are marked below to check on the Advanced tab scroll. If marked, clear the box to check for the next publisher’s certificate.
- To check if TLS 1.2 is not marked on the same advance tab scroll down. If marked, uncheck the same.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Desktop
- First, verify that the QuickBooks subscription is active.
- Reset QuickBooks Desktop Update.
- Verify that the payroll service key is accurate.
- Go to Employees and click on My Payroll Services.
- Click Manage Service Key.
- Click Edit and see that the key is correct.
- Now, click on Next and then finish.
- Finally, restart the computer system.