How to fix Email issues in Quickbooks Desktop? QuickBooks is popular accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses due to its efficiency and widespread usage. It was created with cutting-edge technology and user-friendliness in mind. The software accelerates corporate development and simplifies financial operations.
Additionally, QuickBooks assures the timely and seamless transmission of communications to all parties involved. However, it sometimes encounters difficulties in sending emails. In this post, we explored the email challenges that arise while sending an invoice and will fix Email issues in Quickbooks Desktop. You may address this problem by following the instructions below:
QuickBooks is unable to send emails to Outlook- How to fix email issues in quickbooks desktop
The following reasons may apply:
- The email configuration is incorrect.
- The DLL file has been corrupted.
- QuickBooks is administered by an administrator.
- Incomplete or harmed QuickBooks setup
- Corrupted or inaccurate Outlook setup
- While using QuickBooks to send an email, Outlook opens in the background.
Using QuickBooks Desktop to Resolve Email Issues- fix Email issues in Quickbooks Desktop
The following are some possible solutions for fixing Email issues in Quickbooks Desktop. If the issue remains after completing these procedures, you may save time and effort by contacting our QuickBooks Error.
Solution 1: Verify that QuickBooks is not being executed as an administrator.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon. ‘Properties’ should be selected.
- Select the ‘Compatibility’ tab now.
- Select ‘Unselect’ if Run this software as administrator is selected.
- (If the colour of ‘Run this software as Administrator’ is grey, pick the ‘Show Settings for All Users‘ option first.
- Select ‘Okay’.
- Restart QuickBooks to remedy the problem.
Solution 2: Verify that QuickBooks’ Email Preferences are configured appropriately.
If you use Microsoft Outlook in conjunction with Microsoft Exchange Server, open Outlook and sign in before verifying the QuickBooks preferences.
- Select ‘Edit->Preferences->Send Forms‘ from the menu bar.
- Now, click the ‘My Preferences’ page and choose the ‘Send E-mail using’ option. After that, click ‘OK’.
If you determine that the preference is appropriately set, proceed as follows:
- Select ‘Edit -> Preferences -> Send Forms’ from the menu bar.
- Select the ‘My Preferences‘ option, then ‘QuickBooks E-mail’. Click ‘OK’.
- Select ‘Edit -> Preferences’ from the menu bar.
- Click ‘OK’ after selecting ‘Outlook’.
- Close QuickBooks and any other open applications.
- Restart Windows, followed by QuickBooks.
- Now send the report through email.
Solution 3: Verify that Internet Explorer’s email preferences are configured appropriately.
- To begin, shut off QuickBooks and launch ‘Internet Explorer.‘
- Select ‘Tools > Internet Options‘ from the menu bar.
- Now, go to the ‘Programs’ tab.
- Verify that the right email software is chosen as the default email programme; for example, if you send an email using Outlook,
- Outlook should be selected as the default email programme and vice versa for Outlook Express.
- Close ‘Internet Explorer‘ now.
- Open QuickBooks and send the report through email.
Solution 4:- Test and fix MAPI32.dll
The testing and repair procedures are technical in nature and should be carried out by an IT specialist. If you need IT assistance to remedy this problem, you may also contact us (Charges May Apply).
- Utilize Microsoft Word to verify MAPI32.dll’s functioning.
- Reboot the machine and reinstall Windows.
- Open a Microsoft Word document
- ‘File > send > Send as a PDF document‘
- If no error occurs, seek help from technical support.
- If an error occurs, contact Microsoft Help and Support for assistance in resolving difficulties with Outlook or Office Suite, as well as the MAPI settings.
- Email the report after the problem has been rectified.
- Shut down all ‘Windows’ and click ‘Windows Start’.
- Navigate to ‘Computers’ and ‘C:WindowsSystem32‘.
- Double-click the ‘Fixmapi.exe file‘ and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You may restart your computer after ‘Fixmapi.exe‘ has ceased to execute.
MAPI32.dll should be renamed.
- This should be performed only if fixing MAPI32.dll fails to address the issue.
- Firstly, Close all open programmes.
- Utilize the ‘file explorer‘ to go to ‘C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesSystemMSMAPI1033‘.
- ‘MAPI32.dll‘ should be renamed to ‘MAPI32.dll.OLD‘.
- Reboot your computer and execute ‘Fixmapi.exe‘ once again.
- Restart the computer when ‘Fixmapi.exe‘ finishes.
Solution 5: Use the Clean Install Tool to reinstall QuickBooks.
- After saving all unsaved work, close all open websites and programmes.
- Type ‘Task Manager‘ in the ‘Start’ box.
- Terminate any QuickBooks-related processes once the ‘Task Manager’ panel appears.
- Following that, rename all QuickBooks applications and programme files using the clean install tool.
- Reboot the computer.
- Locate and manually rename any folders that have not been renamed.
- Reboot the computer after uninstalling QuickBooks accounting software.
- Maintain a copy of your licence and Product Number on hand.
- Insert the installation disc into your computer’s disc drive or use the internet to get an installation source copy.
- Begin by running the installation wizard and following the on-screen directions.
- QuickBooks should now open and your software should be reactivated.
- Update your QuickBooks desktop by selecting the ‘Help’ option.
- Attempt to send the email by opening your QuickBooks business file.
6th Solution: Restore Outlook
With the assistance of the following article, you may improve your outlook:
- Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2018: Repair/Reinstall
We hope that the procedures outlined above assist you in resolving Email issues in Quickbooks Desktop.