QuickBooks Error 6190 usually occurs when software attempts to open the company file but fails to access it. QuickBooks makes managing company accounting a breeze, but like with other accounting programme, there is always the risk of making a mistake. The majority of QuickBooks problems are file-related, and one such mistake that we will cover in this post is QuickBooks Error 6190.
When the business file or the network is corrupted, the likelihood of encountering error 6190 rises. When QuickBooks Desktop encounters problem -6190 -816, the following message appears: “QuickBooks is Unable to Open this Company File Error Codes: (-6190, -816)”. Continue reading the article to the end for comprehensive troubleshooting tips.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error code 6190, -816?
QuickBooks Desktop error 6190 occurs when you are using QuickBooks in multi-user mode and QuickBooks is unable to connect to the company file on the network server. The screen shows the following error message: “QuickBooks is unable to access the company file.”
It is possible that another person opened it. You should request that the user converts to multi-user mode so that both of you may access the business file concurrently. Additionally, this file may be placed in a read-only network folder. (-6190, -816)”
You may also notice a slightly different error number with the same problem message as “QuickBooks error 6190 83,” so do not be alarmed; both are the same issue.
You may see this dialogue box on your screen:
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816?
Before you begin resolving the issue, ensure that you are signed in as an administrator on your Windows PC; if you are not, right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose Run as Administrator to get administrator access to QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Using QuickBooks File Doctor to Repair File Damage
To learn how to download and use QuickBooks File Doctor to fix QuickBooks 6190 816, see the article – Repair Damaged Company File or Network Using QuickBooks File Doctor.
Solution 2: Make use of the QuickBooks Tool Hub’s Quick Fix My Program tool.
Rapid Repair My Program is a programme that rapidly refreshes and re-registers the QuickBooks Desktop installation, as well as assists in resolving frequent application problems such as error 6190 in QuickBooks. To launch Quick Fix My Program Tool, follow the steps below to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub:
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub by clicking HERE.
- Double-click the QuickiBooksToolHub.exe file in your computer’s downloads directory.
- Install QuickBooks Tool Hub by following the on-screen instructions.
- Close QuickBooks and any other open programmes after installing the tool hub.
- Now, using the desktop icon, launch QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the Program Problem tab.
- To refresh the QuickBooks Desktop application, click QuickBooks Fix My Program.
- The tool may take up to a minute to update QuickBooks.
- Once the utility has finished refreshing the QuickBooks installation, reopen the business file in QuickBooks.
- If the problem persists, go to the following troubleshooting steps, which will require QuickBooks to generate fresh network data and transaction log files.
Solution 3: Rename the.ND and.TLG files in QuickBooks that have been damaged.
ND and.TLG files may be a cause of 6123 problems. We’re going to rename the QuickBooks configuration files in the steps below, which will compel QuickBooks to generate new ones without corruption.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks Installation Directory in Windows File Manager.
- Typically, QuickBooks Desktop is installed in the C: Users Public DocumentsIntuit QuickBooks directory.
- Locate files with the same name as your business file but with the extension.ND and.TLG.
- Each file may be renamed by right-clicking it and selecting Rename.
- Include the extension.OLDFILE at the end of the file name.
- Now, launch QuickBooks and attempt to access the business file.
- If you continue to get the error 6190 816, go to the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 4:- Restart all computers connected to the network, including the server.
When sophisticated troubleshooting fails, a simple restart may perform miracles. The following steps will assist you in restarting both the server and workstation computers, which will assist you in resolving problem number 6190.
- Restart the server that is hosting the business file.
- Restart all workstations linked to the network at this point.
- QuickBooks should be opened on the server first, and then on the workstations.
- If you continue to receive error message 6190 in QuickBooks, proceed to the next step and copy the company file to local storage.
Solution 5: Transferring the QuickBooks Company File to Local Storage
QuickBooks has a far easier time accessing a business file that is stored on the device’s local storage than it does when it is stored on a server or in the cloud.
- Transfer the company file from the server to a USB memory stick.
- Now copy it to the workstation where the business file is being opened.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to the local storage location of the business file.
- If you are still unable to resolve the “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file 6190” error, you can attempt to repair the QuickBooks Desktop installation using the QuickBooks Desktop Install Diagnostic Tool.
Using the techniques outlined above, you should be able to fix QuickBooks Error code 6190. If you get stuck in Quickbooks Error Message H202, Resolve It Now.
- Error codes -6190 and -816 – QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Error -6190 -816 – Learn How to Fix
- What is the QuickBooks Error 6190-816, and how do I
- Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816 (Latest Methods)
- How To Fix QuickBooks Error codes 6190 and 816