QuickBooks Error code 15212 occurs when a user tries to update Quickbooks or the payroll system. QuickBooks is brimming with features and sophisticated technologies that can help you get the finest outcomes. However, like software, it is susceptible to faults at any moment. QuickBooks Error code 15212 is one of them; it often occurs during the process of upgrading QuickBooks to the most recent version or downloading payrolls. When this issue occurs, the following error message may display.
QuickBooks Error code 15212: Possible Causes
Numerous mistakes contribute to the problem, and it is critical to understand the cause in order to fix it. Several of the most frequent causes of QuickBooks Error code 15212 are listed below:-
Reason 1: QuickBooks Error 15212 may also be caused by insufficient storage space on a hard drive or at a remote download site.
Reason 2: The shared download point for updates is linked to a disc that is temporarily inaccessible.
Reason 3: When the shared download feature is disabled and the data file is accessed from an unmapped location.
You may be seeing this dialogue box on your screen:-
Prior to beginning the procedures for resolving QuickBooks 15212 code Error
Rather than immediately rushing to resolution procedures, you must remember a few things that will save you time. The points are as follows:
- You need to have a current QuickBooks Desktop payroll service subscription.
- Check your firewall and internet security settings; these may prevent QB from connecting to the internet.
- Additionally, installing several versions of QuickBooks on the same machine may result in this problem.
Procedures for resolving QuickBooks Error code15212
Method 1 – Manually download the newest updates
- Start the QuickBooks application.
- Navigate to the Help menu >>> choose the Update QuickBooks option.
- A popup labelled Update QuickBooks Desktop will appear.
- Select the Options tab >>> to uncheck the option for shared downloads.
- Save your changes and exit
- Attempt to get the updates now.
- If not, QuickBooks Error 15212 will prompt you to proceed to the next step.
Method 2 -Remapping the data files to the network disc
- To begin, restart your computer.
- Navigate to This Computer >>> double-click to open it
- Now, choose the Map network drive option from the menu.
- To map the Data file, click the Browse option and choose it.
- After finishing the remapping, verify whether or not the QuickBooks 15212 Error has been fixed.
Method 3 – QuickBooks Uninstall and Reinstall
- Finally, if you continue to get no assistance, you may remove and reinstall QuickBooks.
- To remove QuickBooks, follow the procedures outlined below.
- Navigate to the Start menu >>> type control panel and click to open it.
- Select Programs and Features / Programs and Features / Uninstall an application
- Now, choose the version that caused this problem.
- Remove >>> Uninstall.
- Procedures for Reinstalling QuickBooks
- Double-click the QuickBooks.exe file that was previously downloaded.
- Adhere to the on-screen instructions.
- Accept the terms and conditions >>> follow the on-screen prompts.
- Provide your Product and License Numbers and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Q.1 Is There An Alternative To Resolving QuickBooks Error 15212?
Ans:- Yes, you may use the selective startup option to remove and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop software.
To do this, you must follow the procedures outlined below:-
To begin, create a backup copy of your business file.
- Collect data by obtaining the license number and product details.
- Attempt to start your computer in Selective Startup mode.
- Completely uninstall QuickBooks desktop without causing any problems.
- Then, without interruption, install it on your computer.
- When finished, return to regular mode.
Using the techniques outlined above, you should be able to fix QuickBooks Error code 15212. If you get stuck in Quickbooks Error Message H202, Resolve It Now.
- Error 15212 – QuickBooks
- How to Fix QuickBooks 15212 Error
- QuickBooks Update Error 15212
- Methods to fix QuickBooks Error 15212
- How to Fix QuickBooks 15212 Error – Payroll Update Failed