How to fix QuickBooks Error Event ID 4?
This article discusses how to resolve the QuickBooks Error Event ID 4? – An Unexpected Error Occurred in QuickBooks: Returning a NULL QBWinInstance Handle.”
As we all know, QuickBooks is the most powerful accounting software programme extensively used by entrepreneurs of small and big businesses. This programme has a plethora of innovative features that assist entrepreneurs in efficiently managing their accounts.
However, a small percentage of QB users sometimes get error warnings. We’re going to explore one of the most prevalent errors in this blog. ‘QuickBooks Error Event ID 4’, for example. Let’s have a look at this mistake and the various solutions.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Event ID 4?
- On a Windows 7 PC, install the Windows.NET Framework 4.0 Service Pack 1.
- Other components of Windows do not operate correctly.
On Your Desktop Screen, You May See the Following Error Messages:
Procedures for Resolving the QuickBooks Error Event ID 4
- The procedures below will assist you in resolving this problem.
- The first solution is to reinstall.
- On Windows, the NET Framework
- To begin, press the Windows + R keys simultaneously. This will open your system’s Run window.
- After that, in the Run dialogue box, enter appwiz.Cpl.
- Now On your keyboard, press the Enter key.
- Under the programmes and feature list, there is an option to Add/Remove all applications.
- Locate and double-click the Microsoft.NET Framework version 3.5 or later.
- Select the options Uninstall. (Note: Uninstalling the software will take around 1-2 minutes).
- Restart your machine after the removal procedure is complete.
- When the restart process is complete, you must repeat step 1 to open the Run windows on your machine.
- To access the control panel, type Control Panel.
- The Add/Remove Programs or Programs & Features window will now appear.
- On the left-hand side of the window, there is an option to Add or Remove Windows Features.
- Now, choose the option to Add or Remove Windows Features.
- To broaden the list of applications, click on Microsoft.NET Framework.
- Mark the first and second check boxes.
- Select OK.
- (Note: After hitting the OK button, the Microsoft.NET Framework installation will begin.)
- Once you click the send button, the work is complete.
- Once the Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5 installation is complete, restart your computer and reopen QuickBooks Integration Manager.
Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool as a second option.
- To begin, download and install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Following that, install this tool on your computer.
- You must follow the installation instructions exactly as they appear on your desktop screen.
- Once the installation is complete, close any open Windows applications.
- Finally, use the QuickBooks install diagnostic programme to troubleshoot your computer and restart it.
I hope you found this article informative and that by following these instructions, you were able to resolve your QuickBooks Error Event ID 4.