How to Activate QuickBooks Desktop? As we all know, QuickBooks is a market-leading accounting and bookkeeping software that includes critical tools for financial accounting technology at the cutting edge.
As a company owner, you can attest that ordinary expertise is sufficient to handle and administer this programme to accomplish organisational objectives. However, you must ensure that QuickBooks installation, updates, and upgrades are performed quickly.
If you have one or more copies of the QuickBooks Desktop programme, you must manually activate or register each copy as a QB user. We trust that you will find this material beneficial…!
We’ve included a few simple steps for registering or activating the QuickBooks desktop programme after it’s been installed.
Remember These Points Among the issues to be addressed are:
- Constantly verify if QuickBooks is ACTIVATED or NOT by hitting the “F2” OR “CTRL+1” keys.
- If you notice that QuickBooks is ACTIVATED, you are good to go. Otherwise, go to the activation.
- If you get the message “The validation code is incorrect,” verify the following:
- Ascertain that the License and Product numbers are accurate.
- If the product number does not match the licence number, you must first alter the product number before proceeding with the activation.
- The validation code is correct.
What is the procedure to Activate QuickBooks Desktop or to Register QuickBooks?
QuickBooks Desktop for Versions 2016 and Later
This dialogue box may occur on your screen:
QuickBooks Desktop For Windows Computers:
Once the QuickBooks programme has been appropriately installed, it must be activated before you can begin using it. A window will pop up to allow you to start the programme. You may also manually start it by following the instructions below:
- To begin, open QuickBooks and use the “F2” key on your keyboard.
- Following that, the ‘Product Information‘ window will appear, prompting the user to verify the registration status to the right of the ‘License number’.
- If QuickBooks displays ACTIVATED, you are ready to go.
- If QuickBooks is NOT ACTIVATED, then perform the procedures outlined below:
- By selecting the “Ok” tab, the ‘Product Information’ window will be closed.
- Now, go to the “Help” menu and choose “Activate QuickBooks” (select Register QuickBooks for 2016).
- Follow the on-screen steps to validate your information and complete the activation procedure.
For Mac Computers, Activate QuickBooks Desktop:
- QuickBooks should be opened and navigated to the “menu” tab.
- Select “Register QuickBooks.”
- In the information dialogue box, enter the “License Number” and “Product Number” and then click the “Next” option.
- Select the “Online Registration” option.
- Complete the registration by following the on-screen instructions (if the register option does not show, the programme is already registered).
- To be used with QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and Previous Versions.
- Before the 2016 release, Intuit terminated earlier versions.
- Discontinued items, on the other hand, cannot be registered for the first time.
- Re-registration of discontinued products is feasible if they were previously registered and their re-installation is already underway.
QuickBooks Desktop registration and activation issues
- If the submitted information is not accepted, you should verify that the information entered is identical to what you supplied throughout the purchasing process.
If you are experiencing a blank screen, an error message, or any other technical difficulty, you may temporarily disable your antivirus.
I hope this post helped in activating QuickBooks Desktop. However, if you have difficulty installing or registering for this programme, you may contact our Intuit certified ProAdvisors team for assistance.