QuickBooks is one of the most well-known accounting software among small and medium-sized business owners. This software is a one-stop solution for the needs of all your accounting.
It gives complete peace of mind for business owners because it has lots of features that save business owners time so that they can devote their time to developing their business.
Just like every other software QuickBooks also has to face some kind of problems. In this blog, I will discuss one of the most frequently occurring error ie QuickBooks error 6147. QuickBooks error code 6147 0 is the series of QuickBooks error 6000.
First, we need causes QuickBooks error 6147 0 understand.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6147
Below are some of the reasons that led to QuickBooks error code 6147:
- Restoring a backup file from an external drive or a network drive.
- . Nd or. TLG extension can be damaged or corrupted
- Damage.QBW File
- Incorrect folder permission for the folder in which you have the QuickBooks Company file.
- The QuickBooks company file is opened by a mapped drive that has been deleted or the path no longer exists.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6147
- Error getting QuickBooks error code 6147 0, you will not be able to get in your company file.
- Not able to restore the file back.
How to fix QuickBooks error 6147?
However, QuickBooks discuss possible solutions to deal with error code 6147. However, if the problem is reoccurring and even the solution is not being isolated from below.
Solution 1: Download and install the QuickBooks file Doctor
You have to install QuickBooks File Doctor to download and implement this solution. Run this tool after installation.
Solution 2: Create backup files in a different location
- Ensure that the system is not hosted.
- In QuickBooks, then, click the File menu, and then select Utilities.
- If the inclusion of Stop hosting is not in the multi-user option list, then you should go with the following: –
- Stop hosting multi-user access.
- Click Yes on the detected window. Appeared to wait for the next window.
- Click Yes option with the locked company file.
- Restore the backup file on the system with the current one.
- You should verify that the allowed company file name does not exceed 210 characters.
- The trend micro active scan setting has to be configured. You have to set aside the folder that is the company file.
- Find your company’s file location
- Press Ctrl and then double click on QuickBooks after opening it without disturbing the company file.
- The company’s file should be at the top. From the list of files, choose Company File.
- The file list will open showing the location of the file.
- Now, you have to open the setting scan of Trend Micro Active Scan. You have to select the folder to view and add exception.
- You can visit the page of Trend Micro Help page on your website to know how to set exception with file or folder.
Solution 4: Repair .ND and .TLG file
Rename .ND and .TLG file. .ND and .TLG files are configuration files of QuickBooks that allows the company file to run in a network or in a multi-user mode.
To rename the file you need to follow those steps
- Open your QuickBooks Company file folder.
- ND and .TLG file
- Right click on these files and rename it old and .TLG year .ND.
Solution 5: Rename ADR file as QuickBooks task file
Renaming the .ADR file can help you in fixing QuickBooks error 6147
- Open the folder with your QuickBooks company file.
- Search QuickBooks .ADR Folder
- Open folder and look for recent adr file
- Right click on the file and rename it to .qbw.