How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15102?
One of the most often encountered QuickBooks error code 15102, which customers frequently encounter while downloading a payroll or updating a QuickBooks desktop. This article will explain the potential reasons for this issue and how to resolve it. Following these procedures, you will be able to obtain the most recent payroll and QuickBooks Desktop updates.
Why does QuickBooks error code 15102 occur?
- When QuickBooks Desktop is operating in the multi-user mode in a terminal services environment.
- When the download destination provided is unavailable or incorrect and the shared Download feature is enabled.
- This problem may also occur if the user is not logged in as a Windows Administrator or is not executing the programme as an Administrator on Windows Vista.
What is the solution to QuickBooks error code 15102?
The steps to resolving QuickBooks error code 15102 are listed below. Once resolved, you will be able to download and install the most recent payroll and QuickBooks Desktop updates. Additionally, you must have a current payroll subscription.
Important: If you are not using the most recent version of QuickBooks Desktop, this error may occur. In this situation, you must first restart your application and then update and download the most recent table tax.
1. If you’re currently in multi-user mode, switch to single-user mode.
2. Ensure that the location of the mapped file is accurate.
- To access the Product Information window, press ‘CTRL +1’ and then copy the mapped path, for example ‘[x]:[folder name][data file name]’.
- Choose ‘Help’ and then ‘Update QuickBooks.’
- Now, select the ‘Options tab’ and verify that the Download location information is accurate.
- Additionally, if shared Download is set to ‘Yes,’ the disc in the download location should match the drive that shows in the Product Information box.
- Even the directory in the ‘Download Location’ field should be the same to the directory in the QuickBooks Desktop Installation directory, and it should be set to ‘NO’ when shared.
- If the location is wrong, modify the location’s state and select one of the following.
- If ‘Yes’ is chosen for Shared Download, choose ‘No’. Select ‘Save’; however, if ‘No’ is chosen for shared download, select ‘Yes’.
- Now click the ‘Save’ button.
- After that, click Close and re-download the most recent tax table.
3. If the download location is accurate, remap the disc to a new letter.
- The first step is to shut the QuickBooks Company File.
- Remap your network disc to a new letter at this point.
- Utilize the new mapped-drive letter to access your business file.
- Following that, click on ‘Help’ and then ‘Update QuickBooks’.
- Select the ‘Options’ tab now by ‘Clicking’.
- Now, switch off and then back on the shared Download.
- Additionally, verify that the download location is configured to use the new mapped-drive letter.
- Click ‘Save’, followed by ‘Close’.
- After that, get the most recent tax table.
4. If you are still experiencing problems with Windows Vista, launch QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator.
- To begin, right-click on the QuickBooks icon on the Desktop and choose ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Now, when ‘User Account Control’ prompts you to start this programme, select proceed.
- Following that, QuickBooks updates will be reset.
Using the techniques outlined above, you should be able to Quickbooks Error Code 6240. If you get stuck in Quickbooks Error Message H202, Resolve It Now.